Welty has been serving the construction needs of clients throughout Ohio and beyond for 70 years.
A brief timeline of the firm is as follows:
1945 | Henry Welty establishes the Henry D. Welty Co. to design and build fine homes. He was a former industrial arts teacher at Central High School and a longtime resident of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
1969 | Henry D. Welty Co. is renamed to D. Welty & Son after Welty’s middle child, Jerry, joined the business. After several decades, Henry retired and turned the company over to his son.
As a result of Jerry Welty’s focus commercial credentials that resulted in larger, higher profile projects, the company became known as Welty Building Corporation.
1996| Jerry Welty finds a business partner in Donzell S. Taylor. Together, they continue expanding their company’s business and list of clients.
1998 | The company restructures with the promotion of Taylor to President and Welty as Chairman of the Board.
2004 | Welty Building Company expands with Welty Facility Services Group.
2008 | environments 4 business, LLC. is opened. e4b is a full-service office furnishings dealer and wholly owned subsidiary of Welty Building Company Ltd.
2011 | With the company’s focus expanding into different areas in Ohio, Welty opens the Cleveland office.
2013 | A new office is established in Columbus, Ohio.
2014 | inSITE Advisory Group, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Welty Building Company Ltd., is formed.
2015 | A new office is established in Houston, Texas.
2016 | Welty Energy & Infrastructure is opened as a construction management and EPC expert in the electrical renewable tunnel and wastewater industries.